Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UTB_Avid

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Grand Rapids
I am just curious what, if anything, my PB 185c is worth. I was assured that it runs, but I do not have the power adapter for it. I think I can get one for about $50. And also is there any real demand for this gen PB?

Thanks

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
Not exactly nothing, but very little. In the UK with a Power adapter you would get £10-£15 for it. Without a wall wart and with no proof that it works, maybe £5? As it has the colour screen, you could always try an electronic picture frame conversion with it? Don't pay $50 for an adapter, you can pick them up on ebay for MUCH less.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
UTB_Avid said:
I am just curious what, if anything, my PB 185c is worth. I was assured that it runs, but I do not have the power adapter for it. I think I can get one for about $50. And also is there any real demand for this gen PB?

Thanks

The Color Macintosh PowerBook 180c (NOT 185c Unless you mean PowerBook 165c w/ Passive matrix LCD verses the Active on the 180 Series Color and Grey

And as for the PowerBooks Value is around 20 (USD) for the 165c and about 25-30 for the PowerBook 180c... These are OLD about 1993, also there are TWO Types of ACs here in the US one for color and grey (screen that is), and one for the Grey ones, the cost of these are cheaper then $50, I sell new ones for the Color/Grey for $35...

They are nice PowerBooks, however I really don't think that you should sell it, if you have kids or like vintage computers/games this is a great laptop, very cool, I still have one (PowerBook 180c)... However I am still seeking, the 165c, very Nifty Computers!

Hope this helps.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
MacEffects said:
The Color Macintosh PowerBook 180c (NOT 185c Unless you mean PowerBook 165c w/ Passive matrix LCD verses the Active on the 180 Series Color and Grey

And as for the PowerBooks Value is around 20 (USD) for the 165c and about 25-30 for the PowerBook 180c... These are OLD about 1993, also there are TWO Types of ACs here in the US one for color and grey (screen that is), and one for the Grey ones, the cost of these are cheaper then $50, I sell new ones for the Color/Grey for $35...

They are nice PowerBooks, however I really don't think that you should sell it, if you have kids or like vintage computers/games this is a great laptop, very cool, I still have one (PowerBook 180c)... However I am still seeking, the 165c, very Nifty Computers!

Hope this helps.
I agree. I would hold on to it, since it isn't worth much, and it is just cool to have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.