PowerBook and iBook Got Some Love

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by rawweb, Oct 27, 2016.

1. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

I enjoyed a bit of the nostalgia Apple put into these videos, particularly when the light shut off on the late era PowerBook G4. Wonder where they found one in such good shape ;)

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yep, lots of love for old Macs during the presentation too.

3. RhianB, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

RhianB macrumors 6502a

RhianB

Cool vids! It's like a mac museum :D

I wouldn't mind a CShellG3 or a IbookG4. Not PPC but that touch bar feature on the new MBP caught my eye ... however my first thought was why keep it to a tiny "little finger person only" bar and not make the entire screen touchable? I think that would be super intuitive for apps like Logic or Garageband for instance to be able to adjust, tweak directly with your fingertips. Too much like an Ipad I guess?

Truth be told, my Ipad2 mini has a Qwerty keyboard case, so I guess I'm waiting for apple's MBP to catch up in that regard.
    IMG_1510.JPG

4. bobesch, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

bobesch macrumors 6502a

bobesch

I can tell you - they've borrowed mine ... ;)

To be honest: perfect condition thanks to tender love and care from it't previous owner ...
    BTW: In the ad they should have let it's keyboard shine for a second before the screen turns black.

--- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    I could't bare the fingerprints all over the display. That's why I like the MacBooks more than the iPad: the huge touchpad and the keys (but the iPad also comes in handy for many reasons...)

5. swamprock macrumors 6502

swamprock

I've got one of those as well... a 500mhz TiBook that has ONE scratch on the lid, and that's it. Almost cherry. It sits in a 1ghz TiBook box, to remain untouched for a while. The original owner babied the thing while she used it, then put it in the box her then-new TiBook came in, to sit for years and years and years... until she sold it to me :)

6. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Those are stellar!