PowerBook and Water Spills... Good combination?

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Hey all,

I was wondering if there was any possible way to repair a TiBook which has had water spilled on it. It no longer turns on or anything.

I just want to know... what is the most likely problem? I'm thinking maybe a few capacitors blown on the Powerboard? and nothing else wrong? I really don't know.

Anyone at all with experience of water and a powerbook?

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
SpaceMagic said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if there was any possible way to repair a TiBook which has had water spilled on it. It no longer turns on or anything.

I just want to know... what is the most likely problem? I'm thinking maybe a few capacitors blown on the Powerboard? and nothing else wrong? I really don't know.

Anyone at all with experience of water and a powerbook?
Bad combination. Im glad i bought that super duper water protectant spray for my ibook. Since now whenever i spill water on it(which is quite frequently) i can rest assured. Because the water simply beeds up and rolls off. Leaving my ibook running like a champ. Im actually thinking of writing a review on it once i test it out in the bath tub. :rolleyes: :D

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
When you spill water on it, its not destroyed, or damaged if you don't have it on or turn it on while its wet. If you give it time to dry, all is ok. Otherwise, you need to have the Logic board, and maybe other parts replaced, and it will cost you since its water damage. Apple is not responsible for you clumsiness.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yeah, your chance of a miracle is diminished if you don't let it dry out fully before plugging it back in... Water alone often won't damage electronics, unless they have electricity running through them. How long has it been drying? how many times have you tried to start it?

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
If you tried turning it on with water still in it, then thats probably the end of the notebook. You have to turn it upside down and let it dry for a few days, longer the better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.