Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercsadies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I am trying to set it up so that my PowerBook connects through Bluetooth with my phone to access the internet with the dial-up provider. I know what I want to do ... but I'm having trouble weeding through all the technical lingo.

Let me start by telling you that I have US Cellular and I'm in Wisconsin. What I found on my cellular provider's site is this:

Q: I am a U.S. Cellular customer and my wireless phone has a Web browser on it. Why can’t I activate easyedgeSM Enhanced Wireless Services?

The “browser” icon found on some phones is designed by wireless phone manufacturers to enable Internet access using Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). U.S. Cellular doesn’t offer Internet browsing using WAP-enabled wireless phones. We do support selected applications developed for use with easyedgeSM phones powered by BREW™. In addition, we also support Wireless Data Products for laptop computers and PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants), which enable a customer to access the Internet. The easyedgeSM Wireless Modem is available for business customers with 10 or more service lines.

In regards to the bolded part - does that mean I can't do it with my cellphone because my provider just won't allow it? Or does that just mean the on-phone internet? Do I need something special (script, hardware?) to make this work?

I currently have a data package on my plan for the next three months. I haven't really use it - I had to take it to get a bigger rebate.

If I can do this ... I really need help. Because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I paired to computer and I input the ISP password and phone number ... but I don't know what modem I should using.

Oh yeah, I should probably tell you that my phone is the MotoRAZR2.

Since I can't get it to work with Bluetooth (I think because I don't know if I have/am using the right script for the phone) - Should I be using a USB cable?

Alternatively, does anyone know if a Cellcom phone will work? Do they allow it? My brother and my bf have Cellcom, I can attempt this with their phones too.

I apologize for the length of this post ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.