Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
hi,

i'd like my PB to recieve a fax. i selected recieve faxes in system preferences and named a folder where the faxes should go to. but when i try to send a fax to my pb i can hear the pb responding. but my fax at work says no pages where transmitted.

there are not much settings for faxes so what am i doing wrong?

also, will a incoming fax wake my pb from sleep?

thanks, andi

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
andiwm2003 said:
hi,

i'd like my PB to recieve a fax. i selected recieve faxes in system preferences and named a folder where the faxes should go to. but when i try to send a fax to my pb i can hear the pb responding. but my fax at work says no pages where transmitted.

there are not much settings for faxes so what am i doing wrong?
If your powerbook is responding, it sounds like it should work unless there is some odd issue syncing up the connection.

also, will a incoming fax wake my pb from sleep?

thanks, andi
Go to System Preferences->Energy Saver and select the Options tab. Make sure wake on modem detecting a ring is checked.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
thanks for the help. didn't know about the wake from sleep option.

it seems that my pb recieves the fax correctly. but our fax machine still says no pages where transmitted. that is strange because the page is on my pb and one would assume the fax machine know if something is sent. well it's a hp-fax and not an apple machine......... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.