Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I noticed today that my F11 key on my Powerbook is crooked, and if not pushed in a certain way, will not work. Is it like a desktop keyboard, where the keys pop off. Should I try to re-seat it? I'm worried also that it may scratch my screen. Has anyone else had problems with the Powerbook keys? What should I do?

Thanks
Pete

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
Capt Underpants said:
I noticed today that my F11 key on my Powerbook is crooked, and if not pushed in a certain way, will not work. Is it like a desktop keyboard, where the keys pop off. Should I try to re-seat it? I'm worried also that it may scratch my screen. Has anyone else had problems with the Powerbook keys? What should I do?

Thanks
Pete

Yeah, it should pop off, and then you just have to re-seat the key over it the way it should look. Just be careful when you take it off--be sure not to let the brackets on the bottom of the key crack, because then you will need a replacement key. If you brake it, though, don't worry. Your computer is new, so you can just have Apple send you a replacement (or, even faster, bring it to your local Apple store).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.