Powerbook from ebay...

bluepaint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Hi, just thought I'd have a quick look through ebay, don't want a second hand machine but thought I'd take a look anyway. And I found this Powerbook . It claims to be a brand new machine. It ships from China and only comes with Panther, but still is very cheap (and so I believe too good to be true). You think the software will be in English etc?
Anyone have any thoughts?

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
seems like
Scam scam and scam...

These guys sell furniture not computers
why computers all of a sudden???
look at their selling history
something is fishy here...
unless they are shipping factory seconds I doubt they are for real.
they are willing to use paypal maybe see if they will use escrow.
never do the money order route...

topgunn

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
Our company sells the IBM.Toshiba.HP.Dell.Sony with the cheap price of a factory.Wait the series brand computer.The prestige first.All year reason with free products.At your nation is to can not buy the thus cheap goods.Please purchase quickly.Thanks!
Makes me want to but it!

Western union money transfer and bank wire transfer
You will recieve your items within 4-7 days when we recieve your payment.We often transfer items via EMS.
Makes me want to buy it even more!

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Our company sells the IBM.Toshiba.HP.Dell.Sony with the cheap price of a factory.Wait the series brand computer.The prestige first.All year reason with free products.At your nation is to can not buy the thus cheap goods.Please purchase quickly.Thanks!
I wish you send the payment by Western union or wire transfer.
Why even kid yourself with the possibility this could be real? :cool:

andy.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
If it were to be true (which, unfortunately I doubt) they're selling an awful lot of them!

Tens of the things.

I noticed this yesterday, and was rather suprised with their previous sales of furniture and the like.

Nice furniture though!