Powerbook G3 help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by rj7727, Apr 25, 2014.

1. rj7727 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a Powerbook G3 Lombard that has been having a keyboard issue. Certain keys don't work, like the arrow keys and caps lock and some others. I have a new keyboard that I am going to install, but I don't know if it's going to work. Is there anything else this could be?

Thanks

2. G4fanboy macrumors regular

Dust? A broken spring?

I have seen some repair pages about USB :apple: keyboards. Maybe you can find some specific info on ifixit or xlr8 about your Powerbook disassemble.

I have a blue usb :apple: keyb that no one key works from "C" to "M". Disasembling them always broke some little plastic I even saw somewhere a guy that repaired a broken track of the circuit with a chocolate plate! :p

3. harrymatic macrumors 6502

You could try cleaning the keyboard's flex connector using a pencil eraser. I've fixed several laptop keyboards by doing this.

4. rj7727 thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed the new used keyboard and now caps lock works, and the left and right arrows work, but up and down and certain letters don't. Could I be having a problem with the KB connector not seating correctly?

Thanks

5. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Try this:

I've taken apart my PowerBook G3 Lombard countless times for no reason, I always ran into problems reconnecting the keyboard and trackpad, try making sure that the connections line up and push down until you hear a pop.