Powerbook g3 Lombard battery problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ShaneS74, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ShaneS74 macrumors newbie

Help needed,

I am the proud owner of a g3 lombard powerbook. Recently I have purchased a new battery for the machine which my machine does not recognise when plugged in. Pressing the battery button shows three green lights so there is life in the battery. I have tried the battery in both os9 and osX 3.9 but to no avail. The PRAM battery is also dead, could this be the cause? I have also placed the battery in the right hand drive bay, but it is still not accepted.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Cheers.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

3. ShaneS74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that suggestion. I will see If I can pick one up.

Cheers,
    Shane

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

5. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

Yes - those PRAM batteries being out can cause all sorts of weird issues!

You could try resetting the power manager. To do so, shut down, remove the power supply and battery, then press that little reset button on the back, holding it in for 10 seconds. Plug everything back in and restart.

Worth a try. There's also a battery reset program which only works in OS 9, but might be worth looking for. Hopefully it's still out there somewhere.

I loved my Lombard - gave me 7.5 years of solid service and I think it (and the Pismo) represent the height of Apple notebook design.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

DC board could be the problem as well, but its still running off of AC so who knows