Powerbook G3 Walstreet II won't power on

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by hddr3, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hddr3 macrumors newbie

Hello, I bought a used Powerbook G3 PDQ (walstreet II) off ebay a week or so ago, and I received it and it doesn't power on (also there are major cracks in the screen).
    The seller did include a picture of it booted to Mac OS9.2.2, but for some reason it wont power on for me, or let alone even show any life left in it (nothing happens when powered).
    Does it maybe have a dead PRAM battery? There isn't much info on the internet about the PDQ model, so I can't figure out how to disassemble it. I've tried many ways to take it apart such as lift the tabs on the top row of the keyboard, no luck.
    If anyone has any ideas on how I can get it powered on will be greatly appreciated :) If not, I'm sending it back to the guy who sold me it (unicomri)
    If anyone needs, here is the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Power...27097587?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item35be5dfdf3

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Contact the seller. Was the box it shipped in damaged in anyway? You may have been sold a dead machine with a picture of a good machine, although the amount of positive feedback seems to say otherwise. If the seller won't take it back and the shipping company isn't to blame, you may be able to file a claim with eBay/PayPal and get your money back.

3. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Sounds like you got scammed :/ I would demand a refund.

4. hddr3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just did contact him, we already had shipping issues with him and he responded "I can't do anything about it", so I'm just as much expecting something from him like that back for this issue. If all else fails, I will file a claim on ebay.