Powerbook g4 1.67 problems Apple not helping me :(

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by stefan24, Nov 12, 2007.

1. stefan24 macrumors newbie

My powerbook g4 1.67 has had a series of duff motherboards since the first replacement due to the problems with it's memory slot (a well known fault) and since has had 3 additional motherboards fitted and the present one has heat issues that result in the fans never terminating once active.

I spoke to apple customer services and they told me they will repair it once more and if it's not fixed they are unsure what will happen after that, I phoned back as politely asked for a replacement laptop using the suggestions from a thread in this site but they refused on the grounds that it's more than 12 months old.

They gave me the uk customer services address which is Apple Operations Ltd, and told me to take it up with them but they said that I won't get that far in a roundabout way.

Is there anything I can do to get a replacement or am I completely screwed on this? Any suggestions would be very helpful !!!

regards

Stefan

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. stefan24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope but I think I will, I've heard he gets other people to read his letters then he gets the best ones.

I'm really upset about this, I excepted Apple to be more understanding about thing but they really don't.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i've done this route, and i've gotten almost satisfaction. I just wish apple replaced my pb for a shinny new mbp...but hey can't win them all. :p

5. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Applecare replaced my 12 inch PB 1.33 after it was about to go in for its 4th Logic board replacement....i got this MacBook.....and very pleased i am as well......

Keep on at them......insist on a replacement.....