PowerBook G4 Battery Recall - Am I too late?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by thouts, Jul 21, 2008.

1. thouts macrumors regular

thouts

I just recently found out about the battery recall for my powerbook battery. I was actually going to buy a new battery b/c mine is not lasting more thatn 45 mins. then I stumbled on the recall site. I went thru the process where you enter your serial and stuff and they ship the new battery to you. Seems to be alright but i'm just hoping I'm not too late and apple just hasn't taken that off their site yet?

2. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Give it a shot, the worst they can do is say no. I suspect that it will go through okay though. Enjoy a new battery.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

You shouldn't be too late, and I am very sure you can still get a new battery.

I did the battery recall last year for my powerbook 12" G4. I had trouble with the site though. They didn't send me any kind of confirmation and after a while I called in. The rep thought it was strange that I was requesting a replacement battery off the recall, but couldn't refuse because there was no documentation of an expiration date on the recall. It was a bit frustrating because it took me a while to get my battery (then didn't enter it in the system, they sent me the wrong part). Just make sure you get a confirmation email that the battery is being sent to you. When you receive it just put your bad battery in and ship it back to them. They will request credit card info in case you don't send the battery back.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I dont think that your late, if anything apple wants every defective battery replaced and out of the customers hands because they are dangerous and could explode or burn down a house.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod