Powerbook G4 Can't Connect to WiFi

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ElectricMan5, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

I have an old PowerBook G4 which I don't use anymore, due to this problem.

I used to run Leopard on it, until it crashed, and I downgraded it to 10.3 (i think.)

Now, I cannot connect to my wifi connection. It reads it, but when I type in the password, (which I assure you is correct) it says that the password is wrong.

And when I put in the Leopard install CD (for my macbook) it can't install Leopard, which is obvious, but I can connect to my wifi.

How do i fix this wifi problem?

Or something else, is it possible for me to install leopard on a DVD then boot off of the DVD?

Thanks!

2. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

i now know i can boot from a dvd, but i need to make the installation smaller before i clone it. what unnecessary files can i take out of the OS?

3. McShizzel macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that what you are trying to do is copy the Leopard disc that came with your other mac then install the copy on to your PowerBook.

That is technically illegal the only legal way is to purchase a full copy of either Panther (10.3) or Tiger (10.4) and install it on the PowerBook.

4. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

lol. Everyone thinks that what im asking for is illegal.
    I have no intention of copying the CD. I just wanna install the OS onto the DVD so i can boot my tibook off of it and get wifi. Its the same as installing leopard on am external HD and booting off of it, except my external isnt compatible with PPC :(

So nothing illegal here at all.