Powerbook G4 HD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jtmccart, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jtmccart macrumors newbie

hey everyone (i searched but its the middle of finals so i may have missed a previous post or two)

I have a 1.5 G4 powerbook that had a hard drive crash this summer. I sent the HD to a company to get data recovered, but subsequently lost their contact information, so my drive is somewhere in Atlanta.

Anyways, apple claims they will not install a new hard drive without me giving them the old one. Is there any logical reasoning behind this?

if i was to have a new hard drive put in my laptop (not by apple), could I just add leopard or does the new hard drive being put in already need to have an OS installed.

Thanks

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

All you need to do is just put in your new HD and insert a Leopard disk and it should install. But how do you lose the contact info, did you pay in cash for the data recovery, if not look at your credit card statement and find the charge and get contact info again online.

3. jtmccart thread starter macrumors newbie

school email

my primary email is through my college, so there is a pretty small mailbox size limit. i think i wasn't paying attention while mass deleting emails. guess checking the card is pretty obvious.

its a 15 inch if that makes any difference