Powerbook G4 HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Jhead476, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Jhead476 macrumors newbie

I have a powerbook g4 osx 10.3.9 and it recently crashed. I cant get onto my computer it just sits on the green screen. It wont open in safe mode I have used the install disks to try to repair the problem as well as useing the archive and install. I have also used disk warrior software. Nothing works. But I can see though the disk warrior siftware that my infrmation is not lost. But I cannont access it though firewire due to my firewire wire port being broken. Is there any other ways I can get my files off my computer? I have a external hard drive (connects though usb) and when I plug it in and put in the disk warrior software It shows up in there as one of the hard drives, is there software that will allow me to see the files on my harddrive and tranfer them to my external hard drive?

Thanks

2. bleachthru macrumors member

bleachthru

Is firewire 800 busted as well? my best advice would be to find a way to boot the cpu into target disk mode (hold down the "T" while booting) firewire 800 is backwards compatable with firewire 400, you just need an adapter so the larger 800 head will fit to a smaller 400 head, or just connect the thing to a friends powerbook whom also has fw800. Best of luck! Worse case scenario, pull the HD, and stick it in an enclosure then pull data from an alternate machine.