PowerBook G4 is still sexy

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RebelRed, Jul 23, 2010.

1. RebelRed macrumors member

Mar 12, 2010
    Just took apart my PowerBook G4, put in a 320g hard drive and did a fresh install to remove bloat over the years.

So sexy.

Right now she is hooked up to TV with a dvi to hdmi cable and an audio out through a mixer into my receiver. Watching some streams. :)

I paid about $2500 when she was new years ago and it's been worth every penny.

BTW, I have never use a PCMCIA slot in my life. Anyone know of a card reader for this slow for the G4 PowerBook?
  2. alust2013 macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    @title - yeah it is. Didn't know you could put an HD that big in a PB.
  3. RebelRed thread starter macrumors member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yep. I didn't think you could either. Got the drive for about $90 from Amazon and it works great.

Also bought a new battery, so this baby is getting a nice charge again.
  4. blunderboy macrumors 6502

Feb 13, 2010
    That's pretty awesome. I've never had a PowerBook myself, but I was considering getting one before I got my MBP. (Couldn't find one on Craigslist, sadly.)
  5. brassguy98 macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2010
    This was on CNN yesterday.... Thought it was kind of appropriate for this thread! Check out the computer in the center of the screenshot I took! I used to have a 1.0 GHz 12inch G4. Still my favorite computer I've ever owned. Have a MacBook now and a MacBook Pro.

Attached Files:

6. Intell macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    G4 Powerbooks not only look amazing (I had a Ti one), they are very solid and just don't die.
  7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

Sep 17, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Lol those little Mini Power Book G4s are cool ;)