Powerbook G4 owners... does this happen to you?

nataku

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
The Demilitarized Zone
hey there. im new to mac. i just love it. thank god i switched. just one question... i own a powerbook g4 with 1.67Ghz processor with the ati mobility radeon 9700... how come i dont see the ripple effect when i drop a widget? doesn't the graphics chip support core image? thanks guys. this has been driving me crazy for the past few days. :confused:

Applespider

macrumors G4
It should be supported. Go and have a look in System Profiler under Graphics/Display and it should say CoreImage supported.

Incidentally, you only see the ripple when you drop a widget from the widget bar to the desktop. You won't see it moving widgets around the desktop and if you click on the widget as soon as you drop it, you cancel the ripple effect and start loading the widget instead.

If either of the above don't happen, you probably want to call Apple in case there's a problem with your card.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
My Powerbook is older than yours (see my sig), and I only have the standard video card...
so yes it should work.

Try dropping a couple of widgets from the widget bar onto your desktop again... then if no luck I'd be taking it back to where you bought it!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
its a long shot but could you be accidentally clicking the mouse once you drop it? because that stops the ripple effect.