Powerbook G4 Reassemble Help

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jonbrasher, Jan 23, 2009.

1. jonbrasher macrumors newbie

Could anyone send me a pic of the logic board connections mainly the connections near the airport extreme ribbon. I replaced my dc in and it works however my display is really really dim where it was not before the replacement. I think that maybe I have missed a cable when reassembling but i have no reference. I have looked at the ifixit guide but the specific cable is not listed there. Its a 4 pin connector on the logic board that does not have any connections and i am wondering if this is normal.

Thanks in advance.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Might want to give us more information on what model of powerbook it is. ;)

Or have a go here

3. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

4. jonbrasher thread starter macrumors newbie

Powerbook G4 Alum 15" 1.33

As stated in my original post I cannot discern the info I need from the Ifixit guide because there are not individual pics of removing the connections. If anyone can remove their upper case and send me a picture or tell me if there should be a 4 pin connector that has nothing connected it would be much appreciated.

5. jonbrasher thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone think of a cable i could miss that would make the backlight not appear?

6. jonbrasher thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed my mistake everything works good except the keyboard. The black lockbar came apart from the place on the logic board. Can anyone think of a remedy tape has not worked in keeping the ribbon in the slot.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I'm not sure but I'll give your thread a bump in case someone else has an idea. Those lockbars can be a bit of a pain and sometimes you have to push alarmingly hard to get them in place properly.