Powerbook G4 vs CD MBP for now?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Dioscorus, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. Dioscorus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    #1
    Hi guys.

    I intend on waiting for the rumored Apple tablet that is supposedly going to be announced in January.

    I am wondering if buying a Core Duo MBP for now on eBay for say, $700, would be a good idea. I would of course sell it off to get the new device. Therein lies the question - do you think I would be able to recover my money at that point in time? I also could imagine that the current MBPs and MBAs are going to plummet in value due to the new models that are going to be released Tuesday.

    I also threw in the Powerbook G4 because it seems like it actually holds its value better than the CD MBPs.

    What do you guys advise? I anticipate your response.

    Thanks!
     
  2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #2
    If they lower the price on MB to $800-$899, that machine won't be worth $700 anymore, maybe $450-$600. Just wait for now.
     
  3. Dioscorus thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    #3
    The thing is, I wouldn't be able to get the tablet till February. That is a long time without my own computer...
     
  4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #4
    Be advised, Apple may not actually release a tablet. It's a complete rumor.

    Anyway, wait a week after the 14th, the eBay prices on CD MacBooks will be lower and will probably stay that way for a bit.

    Why not check out Craigslist as well? Checking out the item in person is always awesome to do whenever is possible.
     

Share This Page