Powerbook G4 vs CD MBP for now?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Dioscorus, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Dioscorus macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

I intend on waiting for the rumored Apple tablet that is supposedly going to be announced in January.

I am wondering if buying a Core Duo MBP for now on eBay for say, $700, would be a good idea. I would of course sell it off to get the new device. Therein lies the question - do you think I would be able to recover my money at that point in time? I also could imagine that the current MBPs and MBAs are going to plummet in value due to the new models that are going to be released Tuesday.

I also threw in the Powerbook G4 because it seems like it actually holds its value better than the CD MBPs.

What do you guys advise? I anticipate your response.

Thanks!

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If they lower the price on MB to $800-$899, that machine won't be worth $700 anymore, maybe $450-$600. Just wait for now.

3. Dioscorus thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is, I wouldn't be able to get the tablet till February. That is a long time without my own computer...

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Be advised, Apple may not actually release a tablet. It's a complete rumor.

Anyway, wait a week after the 14th, the eBay prices on CD MacBooks will be lower and will probably stay that way for a bit.

Why not check out Craigslist as well? Checking out the item in person is always awesome to do whenever is possible.