Powerbook G4 won't boot from Leopard Installation DVD!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by broosten, Dec 13, 2008.

1. broosten macrumors newbie

I just bought the Leopard installation DVD to upgrade my 12" Powerbook G4 1ghz 1.25gb RAM, and it simply won't boot from it. The DVD shows up on the desktop and in the available startup disks, but when I restart holding "C" or ":apple:+option+shift+delete", it just skips to the desktop. It's pretty frustrating, can anyone help me?

And yes, my machine has sufficient specs to run leopard, and a working superdrive.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Are you sure it's the retail Leopard DVD? The retail disk is not the same as the one that comes with a Mac. the retail disk has a big X on it. I've upgraded a 12" powerbook G4 with 512 ram with no problems.

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

What happens if you press the option key at startup with the DVD inside?

4. greenday123 macrumors 6502

If it shows up in the available start up disks, why dont you just set that as the startup disk and see if it boots off the disk?

5. broosten thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it is the Retail Disk that I bought from apple.
    When I press the option key, it shows Macintosh HD, and nothing else, I have left it there for hours, waiting to see if anything happens, but nothing.
    I have tired selecting it as the startup disk, but as I said, it just boots into the current OS.

6. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman