Powerbook g4..

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by airattack111, May 8, 2009.

1. airattack111 macrumors member

Buddy has a 17 inch powerbook g4

1.6 ghz
    1gb ram

In decent condition, you can tell its been dropped on one side, but it's not bad at all. There's a little dent on it as well. The screen is in pretty good shape, keyboard is fine, the power cord barely works, it needs a new battery "only lasts like 35 minutes on a full charge".

He wants to sell it for $150, I'm trying to figure out if I can get more for it on ebay or not? Because I have no use for it.

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Depending on the applications he includes with it, it could be worth up to $700.

3. John89 macrumors regular

He is underselling it for that price! You could get over $500 for it!

4. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

There is no way that I would sell my 17" PB G4 for that price. In other words, "Buy it!"

5. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

If he is your "friend" you should tell him it's worth more and he should sell on eBay. I don't believe we should intentionally profit from friends. I would think about my friendship status with friends who try to buy something from me to turnaround and make a bunch of money off me. That is low in my opinion.

7. airattack111 thread starter macrumors member

He owes me a ****ton of money.

8. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Then think of this as repayment and go for it. ;)

9. liaammm macrumors newbie

Nah you can't do that to him, if someone did that to me even if it was the littlest thing I'd never trust them again...

10. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

The Profit you make (aka Revenue-cost [eBay amount-price you pay your friend) should really only be the markdown on what your friend owes you. If you seriously need to extract money from your friend, tell him to sell it on eBay and use that money to try and pay you back. If you do decide to sell it on eBay, tell your friend before you hand over the money. You don't have to, but its the ethical thing to do.

"A loan to a friend oft loses both the loan, and the friend" - Random quote from civilizations 4, which in turn is a quote from somewhere else. However, next time try to avoid the situation, if possible. I have a friend who perennially never pays me back in less then six months. So, I don't really loan him money anymore.