Powerbook Good Price

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ih8reno, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

A while ago I offered a guy $40 for a 12inch powerbook 1.5 ghz he has. He finally accepted but I want to make sure its a good deal. Battery is done but other then that he says it works. good deal?

2. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

That's fantastic actually! I had bought a PBG4 12" for a friend that was moving (back in June) and by the time I was done with it $70 was thrown at it. This was for the first model, 867MHz.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, that's a great price! My wife's 1Ghz 12" PB was $50, plus an additional $20 to replace the broken LCD it came with.

4. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

$40 is a great price as long as you know the limitations of a powerbook...

if you expect it to run utube smoothly over 360p or in full screen over 240p,if you expect it to blaze threw intense web pages like the verge,if you expect it to run the latest osx version over leopard,if you expect it to run the latest itunes for your new iphone/ipad ect...then maybe the $40 will be poorly spent.

if however you want a great little laptop that can run utube using mactubes with ease,can run web pages fairly well using browser tenfourfox,like tiger or leopard osx,are okay with slightly older itunes that will support most older apple devices ect ect then the $40 is a steel!

Either way buy it! You can always resell for upwards of $100

5. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

So far this thing works flawlessly and I'm upgrading it to OSX Leopard. Seems to have been a great deal for $40. Ram is only 768mb and I have to decide if I'm going to put money into upgrading. Already recently bought a bunch of things for my other ppc macs so I may have to hold off on other expenditures.