Powerbook issues.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Soo my Powerbook's hard drive has slowly failed (read over 3 months time) It happened to do it while I was on a trip. No biggie... I am an easy going guy... It still boots randomly so i am able to get my stuff off. So i am in the market for a new hard drive. I am going for the 7k60... a 7200 rpm drive...

Anyways, the purpose of me starting this thread is this. My computer is decently old, like 2 years... But as i as taking it apart.. the power button connector (the part that is directly connected to the motherboard) broke off!! I cussed. (something i never do) And was scared about the $800 new board... Anyways, so i tell my dad the bad news... He pulls out his fancy soldering gun - and solders it back on! It looks exactly like factory... and it works. But i have one more problem. One of the connnectors on the fan came off. My dad can push all 4 cables back in (1black,1 red, 1yellow, 1 white) Now i can easily just buy a new fan... But i really don't want too. Does anyone know the order... or have a picture of the cable assembly on the cable that goes to the motherboard?

I really am sorry for this lengthy post... But I was just proud of my dad for doing that. So if you want to talk about your experience or have any help on the fan thanks!

kyle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.