Powerbook Power Adapter Class Action Law Suite

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ThisIsNotMe, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

I have NINE of these Apple power adapters all with the same problem. I do not have the receipts for any of them nor do I have the receipt for the generic power adapter I bought (which never broke). I did go into a store once but they just said that I was SOL and sent me on my way.

From what I have read, even though I have the physical power adapters I still do not qualify for this settlement.

Does anyone here have any information or are in a similar case to myself?

Thanks.

2. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Which power adapter is it, and what is the problem? Apple had many different power adapters over the years, and there were some that were affected by a recall (The Wall Street or Bronze Keyboard PB G3s, was one, as I remember - it was black, rectangular). As I recall, you needed to be able to prove you bought the unit with the PB, or as an accessory part, by a copy of the receipt.

I have one of the ones that was subject to the recall, but as I was given it, I can't get it replaced, either. But it still works, and hopefully won't burn the house down... :rolleyes: I use it as a travel charger, since the "Yo-Yo" adapter is a bit on the bulky side.

3. ThisIsNotMe thread starter macrumors 68000

I was informed of the class action law suite when I received 2 post cards in the mail informing me that there was a settlement. This was in reference to my registration of a PowerBook G4 Ti and a PowerBook G4 Al.

The model of the computer falls within those listed on the web site of the law suite.

7 power adapters are "official" Apple power adapter purchased as replacement power adapters or extra power adapters (office, home, car, travel kit, ect). 2 power adapters came with both computers.

Class action web site: http://www.gordonvapple.rosenthalco.com/

This is really frustrating as who would keep the receipt for 4 year old power adapters.....

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Wow, glad I did a search. Seems my adapter just died on my PB, less than 3 years. Thanks for posting the link guys. :)