Powerbook Powercord not working!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by BrianVarick, May 12, 2007.

1. BrianVarick macrumors member

I've done it now, I connected my powercord, and when I tried to pull it out, it got stuck. When I finally got it out, there were a couple dents on the metal piece. Now when I put it in, and it shows the orange light meaning that it's charging, it doesn't charge. And now my computer is so dead, it doesn't have enough energy to turn on. I'd really appreaciate some help on this problem. Thanks

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

By "powercord", do you mean the connector which plugs into your computer?

These things don't normally "get stuck". Was it damaged before you plugged it in? Was the cord pulled while still connected, causing damage?

If the power connector isn't damaged on the computer, perhaps you could try another power adapter. Pay a visit to an Apple reseller or Apple Store if one is close.

3. BrianVarick thread starter macrumors member

By powercord, I mean the white cord that plugs into the computer and the wall.

I don't think so, it does look a little dented around the place where you plug it in, but I'm not sure if that's new or not.

It says the powercord is giving it power, but the computer isn't recognizing it.