Powerbook pricing on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ruahrc, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

(content removed by author, thread may be deleted my mods if desired)

2. savoirfaire macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

This probably belongs in the marketplace section which you will be allowed to see after a couple more posts. o/w mods will probably consider this post an attempt to skirt the minimum post requirement... You might want to check everymac.com for their suggested current values.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Rules...
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

Everymac.com prices are WAY outdated

4. Ruahrc thread starter macrumors 65816

Hm. Didn't think about it that way.

Suppose I should come clean. I actually sold the laptop already on CL a few weeks ago. I put up the post because I saw that the guy I sold it to is trying to flip it for a profit (reposted the laptop on CL). I was trying to gauge whether or not the price he was asking was too high, but tried to conceal it as not to bias the readers. Ultimately I don't really care, I asked for and got what I wanted. I actually think the price he's asking is way too high and I don't know if it will sell (hehe). Maybe in a little while I will ask my friend or something to reply to the ad seeing if it is still available. :)

Guess I didn't think this post all the way through, sorry my bad.

Ruahrc

5. savoirfaire macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

Sorry, thanks for pointing that out. I actually haven't really looked at what they quote as current values. I just knew that they were there.

In most cases, I think looking at completed eBay auctions gives you the best snapshot of what the "average consumer" is willing to pay.

I've actually flipped computers for a modest profit myself, not really in any attempt to significantly supplement my income. The main benefit has been that it's given me the opportunity to test drive a lot of different computers. Some, like the G4 cube, I've ended up keeping. I know in some cases the original seller feels put off by it, but if they get the price they want and I get the price I want, it seems like a win-win situation. I dunno.