Powerbook refuses to install Leopard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GizmoDVD, Jul 26, 2013.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

I have a 12" Powerbook (1.33ghz, 1.25GB RAM) currently running 10.4.11 (all possibly updates preformed). I've tried to have it install Leopard and the PB refuses to get past the Apple logo and spinning circle.

I know the disc works as I've used it on several other older Mac products, but I just can't get this one to get to the installation screen.

Holding down OPTION at startup will eventually show the Mac OS X DVD (as well as the HDD), but when I click it, it just goes to the same screen forever.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your disc may be scarred or the lens may be dirty. Using Tiger, set the Leopard disc as the default boot drive. Then when it restarts, boot it into verbose mode. What lines does it get stuck at or repeat?

3. boneskid1 macrumors member

I am not sure why your disc is not working, but if you have another mac you can make a bootable USB drive for the PowerBook, use carbon copy cleaner to back up the leopard disc to a .DMG file and then "burn" it to a USB drive.
    There was is steps on how to boot it, but I cannot remember the URL so in will edit it in later

Found it:
    http://blog.campodoro.org/?p=43

This should work it work on my 1.67ghz PowerBook multiple times