Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattonabike

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
so, i've had my 15" powerbook for five months. within the last week, the screen started flickering whenever i adjust it, move the computer or sometimes just bang the desk it's on. also, the bottom half of the screen will randomly turn white, with a few horizontal lines through it, and will remain so until i give it a quick jolt.

anyone have experience with this problem? is my screen about to crap-out? is my card loose? is something broken, or about to break?

please, help.
thanks. :confused:

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
Just to be safe just take it in to an Apple Store to have them check it out. Thats the only clear way to tell exactly whats wrong with it. But I think its obvious that something is wrong.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
either the cable or logic board. I've had 2 logic boards go bad - replaced by AppleCare and back to me in 3 days.

wozzlewoozle

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2005
sarkoland
had similar issue with an old hp laptop. It was just a loose connection, so fixed and returned quickly. This is definately the kind oif thing you want to have chcked out now before that year is up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.