Powerbook Shift key replacemt?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jmoh, Aug 16, 2008.

  1. jmoh macrumors newbie

    Jun 30, 2008
    hey everybody, i wanted to know if the shift key on the right side for the aluminum powerbooks had a little "button" like thingy, that feels soft to the touch, and keeps the keys suspended. the reason is because my little brother ripped off the shift key on accident, and while i have the key itself and the little part that goes into the holes, it doesn't work anymore, and just falls into place. if it does have this little thing, where could i find a replacement? i just need one, and since im going to college next week, i need it kinda soon. thanks!
  2. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

    Minimoose 360

    Jul 7, 2008
    Well I don't have a MBP at all!!!!! (Waiting for update, going to college next week also)

    Haha, that really does suck...if I had an extra Shift key for you, I'd give it to you. I'll give you my old iPhone instead :]

    You could always just turn Caps Lock on and off every time to bypass it :rolleyes:
  3. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    Have you asked the Apple Store; sometimes they have spare keys in the back they use for repairs.

Share This Page