Powerbook ship date bumped up....OMGBBQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

afields

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
15inch and 17 inch stock models are now 2-4 business days for shipping instead of same business. Don't know if that means anything.

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2005
Lolzers :p R0fLmAO :p wooterz!!!!!1!1!!!one!!!

Actually, I dont think that there will a powerbook update soon. I think that apple may just be low on stock. With the iBooks, we saw the shipping dates go up after rumors appeared on the numerous sites. I dont think it will happen but I wont complain if Im wrong.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
Crap I just purchased my 12" last week. It hasn't even arrived yet. Maybe I'll keep it in the box untill actual evidence of an update arrives. Whats the return policy on unopened devices?

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I have theory! :D

Powermac shipping dates have also gone up. I think that Apple may be letting loose everything they've got in PPC to hurry up and wrap it up in preparation for Intel.
I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about now.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Daveway said:
I have theory! :D

Powermac shipping dates have also gone up. I think that Apple may be letting loose everything they've got in PPC to hurry up and wrap it up in preparation for Intel.
I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about now.
Ya, I know what you are talking about. :)

KA2357

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2005
Daveway said:
I think it's premature to think Intel. It's probably more likely that either (a) they're low on stock right now, which they'll replenish, or (b) they're purposely letting stock run out in preparation to bring out new models. As I'm going to be buying a new PowerMac soon, I'd like to believe the latter, but I'm not holding my breath. Only time will tell...

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
It is only 2-4 days on the two 1.67 models. What does that mean? I think updates wont be until late august or september right after I buy mine. :p

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
KA2357 said:
As I'm going to be buying a new PowerMac soon, I'd like to believe the latter, but I'm not holding my breath. Only time will tell...
Well, I heard that both new PowerMac & PowerBook updates will
be released next tuesday. ;) :)

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Chef Medeski said:
Crap I just purchased my 12" last week. It hasn't even arrived yet. Maybe I'll keep it in the box untill actual evidence of an update arrives. Whats the return policy on unopened devices?
just look at the updates the ibook got...I wouldnt wait for something that small that probably wont come. The 12" is a great machine...not much it cant do.

wkw

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
Chef Medeski said:

you should be able to get a full refund within 30 days. if you open it there is a restocking fee

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Haha I just ordered my 15" 1.67 upgraded to 128MB VRAM so I'm sure the update will come :p Even if it does, if my powerbook is pixel perfect I will love it and not be too upset about the update. I knew when I bought it an update was coming soon but I'm sure it won't be very major when it does. However, for people wanting a 12" powerbook I think you should wait becuase I see them updating the graphics chipset and making ram 512MB built in. These two things would make a huge difference. However, this is just my opinion. :cool:

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Koodauw said:
I still want to know what OMGBBQ means. I get the first 3....
Oh My God Barbecue

Although I've always seen it as "OMGWTFBBQ"

It's just a tongue-in-cheek knock at all the acronyms/text slang used commonly on the 'net.

Lethal

Alone2Gether

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Right now, only the 15" Superdrive is bumped up to 2 - 4 days. All other powerbooks are back to same day.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Take a guess...

I would say that updates are right around the bend next tuesday prob not. I'd say the increased shipping time is due to the decreased production of the current moddel increased production of soon to be realeased models (soon to be released=2 weeks to 1 month) as apple attempts to increase warehouse space, and reduce surplus... It could also be due to an unexpectedly high number of pbook purchases they are running low between shipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.