Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I hope no one has posted this yet but according to apple insider Powerbooks will most likely be making the tranistion first to intel. Also they posted some other vauge details... sounds cool Link

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What! No 12" PB on the roadmap. I thought they were among the best selling boxes, no? :( Think I might like the rumored 13" widescreen iBook though if they equip it with an HD resolution screen ...

B

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Yay!

Let the 2006 Rumor Season begin! I've been waiting for this for a while now. I think the iBooks will swithc before the Powerbooks, tohugh, waiting for more advanced Intel chips before jumping. Dual-Core sounds good, and so does iSight in the Powerbooks.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
922 said:
Let the 2006 Rumor Season begin! I've been waiting for this for a while now. I think the iBooks will swithc before the Powerbooks, tohugh, waiting for more advanced Intel chips before jumping. Dual-Core sounds good, and so does iSight in the Powerbooks.

2006 seems like its gonna be a long rumor season!:D

With the Powerbooks going before iBooks I belive that becuase from many of the tests the Pentium M arictecture kills the G4s. (or at least I pretty sure correct me if im wrong)

soosy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2002
I think it makes sense to get Intel Macs out there as soon as possible. No reason to wait now that it's been announced.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Well it seems that no-one delayed intel-switch yet :(

Hope they wont be so stupid to attach Intel Inside sticky on new PBs! :eek:

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I am going to get myself one of these.

I was planning on a minor dilemma choosing between the 12" iBook and 12" Powerbook. A 13" iBook certainly sounds appealing, though a 15" Powerbook a little earlier with a built in isight might be nice, especially if they drop the price again.

I know a lot of people with Powerbooks, and of those who have gotten them recently, there are more 12" Powerbooks than others. Oh well, gotta wait and see.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Sounds awesome. Count me in for the powerbook :)

Maybe they'll drop the price just a bit too just to get more people to bite. I'd love for the new iBook range to start at $599 and the new Powerbook line to start at $1,399 (or below :) With that and the stagnation of Vista, Apple could really make quite a move on the marketshare front.

TomSmithMacEd

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2003
Fargo, ND
I'm just hoping before next school year, I'm going off to college, and will be Purchasing a Powerbook, no matter what is inside of it.

25% thinner.... that's less than an inch baby.

plastique45

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2005
runninmac said:
2006 seems like its gonna be a long rumor season!:D

With the Powerbooks going before iBooks I belive that becuase from many of the tests the Pentium M arictecture kills the G4s. (or at least I pretty sure correct me if im wrong)

You BELIEVE?! A 3 year old PC beats any G4. The G4 was in the race only against the Penthium 3.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
plastique45 said:
You BELIEVE?! A 3 year old PC beats any G4. The G4 was in the race only against the Penthium 3.

not exactly, the G4 has its good qualities, although it doesn't really compare with the Pentium M.... its still not a bad chip, i get along fine still on my Rev A. 12" Powerbook

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
soosy said:
I think it makes sense to get Intel Macs out there as soon as possible. No reason to wait now that it's been announced.

I agree wholeheartedly. And 13" is a real sweet spot in terms of notebooks in my opinion. I have a 13" widescreen Vaio and the combination of screen size and portability is great.

I wonder when the mac mini will go intel. It makes sense for the 'books to go first. I am, however, in the market for a desktop (as soon as I build up the ol' bank account). A kickass mac mini would be nice. Or else, go for the G5 iMac.

Squire

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.