Powerbook to HDTV

Clark C

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Minneapolis
I just ordered a DVI out to HDMI input cable. I hooked up my 867 mhz TiPowerbook to my new Philips HDTV. There is a slight problem. Everything looks squished when on the TV. My computer monitor is set at 1280 X 854. In the system prefs, it will only allow me to set the HDTV at 1920X 540. This results in a stretched picture. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
not to sure if your powerbook support hdtv , Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go with 32MB of DDR SDRAM might not be good for what you need .

there might be a hack of some kind Anyone ??

mim

macrumors 6502
liketom said:
not to sure if your powerbook support hdtv , Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go with 32MB of DDR SDRAM might not be good for what you need .

there might be a hack of some kind Anyone ??
You need a neat little shareware program called Switchres. It gives you full control over what resolutions you want to run your displays - it can even switch resolutions when a certain program loads (for example, I use it to play Riven in full screen :) ). You might need to play around with the settings a bit to get the screen looking right on your plasma/tv. HDTV resolutions are 1366 x 768 or 1920 x 1080.

Have fun!

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
mim said:
You need a neat little shareware program called Switchres. It gives you full control over what resolutions you want to run your displays - it can even switch resolutions when a certain program loads (for example, I use it to play Riven in full screen :) ). You might need to play around with the settings a bit to get the screen looking right on your plasma/tv. HDTV resolutions are 1366 x 768 or 1920 x 1080.

Have fun!

thats the one , i knew there was a hack somewhere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.