i think the iBook is too important a product in Apple's lineup for it to be dropped. however, a tablet certainly sounds cool!dambro1978 said:powerbooks will have a new 12 or 13.3 wide screen with same hardware and some price drop.
17" will have HD screen
ibook will be discontinued in favour of the tbook (tablet book)(see latest apple patent): just a 12 screen and a detachable cover with a very thin keypad and trackpad, with same hardware as existing ibooks.
what do you think?
this is just dreaming,
i really hope at least a new case and screen for the ibook,
i'm getting bored of my white g3 600 ibook (where tiger runs decently with 384Mb Ram...)
see you all the 6th of june..
Its never a waste of time to be cautious. Since you have the chance for the $100 off, you should go ahead and purchase now. If Steve were to announce something revolutionary, that would be a Rev. A. In that case most would recommend waiting till Rev. B. So why not purchase now and enjoy.ubbman said:so there's not a very good chance that they even announce a PB update at WWDC? am I wasting my time?
Lately Apple hasn't been following their normal protocol. Think its partially due to Apple wanting to throw off the rumors. So in answer to your question, Yes Apple could announce a product at anytime. Not just necessarily during the Keynote.ubbman said:Thanks.
My question then, is whether or not announcements usually come at WWDC? As in, is it a good idea to wait until June 7 or is an announcement just as likely to come at any time?
Rod Rod said:The most likely PowerBook "update" at WWDC would be the addition of a 17" model with a 1920x1200 screen. This shouldn't impact the prices of existing 12" and 15" models. What it would do to the 1440x900 17" model is an open question.
ubbman said:Basically, I need the thing by mid August and from what I've been hearing here, it's unlikely that the 12" PB will be updated by then. Also, I'd like to take advantage of the $100 rebate. Is the education discount normally $100 or $200? I seem to remember it being $200 without the rebate, and now they changed it to $100 with the rebate?
Do the powerbooks support core video? I've dabbled into software synthesizers and found that an iBook might not be for me now. The higher the cpu speed and faster the hdd, the better. I guess I wouldn't be just a 'consumer' user anymore.
Plus, the ripple effect is somewhat cool
The coupons do combine with the discount. It would be pointless if they didn't.mfacey said:Education discount is 10% I believe. NOt sure if your coupon will work combined with educ discount though! Read the fine print!
Are you a student? If so, there is always a 10-15% discount on Apple Products. Also, until June 25th, they are offering an additional $100 rebate for students to be combined with the student discount It's discussed earlier in this thread.absurdio said:is mac likely to have a sale of some variety, or other deal this summer? I would like a powerbook, and probably an iPod, but if there is going to be some further incentive, i would much rather wait for that. thanks
Incorrect. The 17" can play HD video without dropping frames. Play DVCProHD material and see for yourself. If you don't have DVCProHD material, use QT Pro and export to DVCProHD from an H.264 HD trailer.aswitcher said:Whilst I know its the way to go we know the 17" cant run HD without dropping frames...