powerbook wrist rest

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
3,809
0
I need to find a powerbook wrist rest protection system ... now before you say " oh I've had this AL powerbook for blah blah blah no pitting ....." I had an AL powerbook for 1.5 years and the rests were essentially reuined and looked horrible, like I had spilled a chemical, so I know that my skin and the AL will not mix .... so I don't need any posts about how it won't happen.


my question, anyone know of a good american website offering such products, image is somewhat important but not the most important thing.

kwyjibo
 

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
616
0
Kwyjibo said:
I need to find a powerbook wrist rest protection system ... now before you say " oh I've had this AL powerbook for blah blah blah no pitting ....." I had an AL powerbook for 1.5 years and the rests were essentially reuined and looked horrible, like I had spilled a chemical, so I know that my skin and the AL will not mix .... so I don't need any posts about how it won't happen.


my question, anyone know of a good american website offering such products, image is somewhat important but not the most important thing.

kwyjibo
i use these personally... and it works for more than just one computer.

http://www.imakproducts.com/products/smart_glove.htm
 

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
3,809
0
not to be mean, but I don't want ot have to suit up to use my computer.
 

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
616
0
Kwyjibo said:
not to be mean, but I don't want ot have to suit up to use my computer.
it takes a whole 3 seconds... it's just a glove.. it has beads on the bottom and it supports your wrist whether you're using a keyboard or mouse. i have sore wrists all the time, since i started using these it has gone down A LOT.. i'm about to buy a second pair for work so i don't have to carry them around. they really do work great. but if you aren't interested that's fine, good luck finding something as universal though
 

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
3,809
0
I didn't mean it like OH my god thats a horrible thing, but I haven't had any wrist problems yet so I figure why start correcting for them. I mean down the line its something I would consider but it seems a bit much for the way I use my computer
 

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
3,937
174
Madison
A bit off topic, but does the mark come from the oil in your hands, or some other thing? I have it only on the right side of my PB, and I usually use both hands.
 

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
616
0
Kwyjibo said:
I didn't mean it like OH my god thats a horrible thing, but I haven't had any wrist problems yet so I figure why start correcting for them. I mean down the line its something I would consider but it seems a bit much for the way I use my computer
the reason the problems have gone away is because it's alleviating the stress... which can be both to alleviate and to stop it from happening in the first place. using these doesn't mean you HAVE to have hand issues, they will prevent them from happening..
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.