Powerbooks made strictly for women?

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
This is something I pulled from another forum I visit. I have actually never seen a statement quite like this before.

"Personally, I think Powerbooks look like they were made stricty for women. Very "designer" like if you know what I mean. I don't think I'd like carrying a WHITE laptop around."

Only women are designers? Who knew.
Who knew the powerbooks were white, either?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I thought I was going to read something on how the heat from Powerbooks can hurt a guys "downstairs", thus they're made for women as women don't have that worry (at least I don't think they don't).

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Hopefully this isn't a well regarded statement by the rest of the community at the "other" site you visit.

Otherwise I'd have a rather poor opinion of people at the other site.

Could be a rather talented man trying to make a sleek, sexy plastic case.

It's not like everything has to look like it was designed by a bunch of engineers for other engineers with absolutely no fashion sense.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
My Powerbook indulges my feminine side. We talk about boys, watch Hugh Grant movies, fantasize over having J-Lo's ass, and brood over pictures of cute little babies.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
FrankieTDouglas said:
This is something I pulled from another forum I visit. I have actually never seen a statement quite like this before.

"Personally, I think Powerbooks look like they were made stricty for women. Very "designer" like if you know what I mean. I don't think I'd like carrying a WHITE laptop around."

Only women are designers? Who knew.
Who knew the powerbooks were white, either?
Well, that sounds uninformed and otherwise myopic, but that's the norm these days. If you're going to read the media, you better have a strong filter, because most of it is pure drivel. If you can't get a real job, you can write articles like this one (and they get paid, I guess).

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
brap said:
My Powerbook indulges my feminine side. We talk about boys, watch Hugh Grant movies, fantasize over having J-Lo's ass, and brood over pictures of cute little babies.
I liked how my iBook indulged my feminine side too. Ever since I got it I couldn't stop thinking about cute bois, or watching Angelina Jolie films, fantasise over having J-Lo's ass for breakfast lunch and dinner and brood over pics of cute litte drag kings.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
vniow said:
I liked how my iBook indulged my feminine side too. Ever since I got it I couldn't stop thinking about cute bois, or watching Angelina Jolie films, fantasise over having J-Lo's ass for breakfast lunch and dinner and brood over pics of cute litte drag kings.
OK, I guess I'm too old for that, whatever it is :)

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
whew! And I thought I was the only person who hated to look good. I guess I'll now have a buddy to surf the web with when I lug my Helmet PC down to the local starbucks along with my 19" CRT screen to surf the web :rolleyes:. Don't want any white powerbooks to make guys think I'm a woman. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
vniow said:

there for a minute i thought i was the only one...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
vniow said:
You go, girl! :D

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Utter BS.

I'm a guy, and heterosexual if you are curious, and not only do I presently have an iBook...but I'm planning on getting a PowerBook, probably this year.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Yep. In fact, I have a friend (heterosexual as well) who had a hard time getting the 12" powerbook over the 12" ibook initially BECAUSE of the white color of the ibook. I'll agree, though, that there's just something about that solid white color that is really nice...

The thread that the original post referred to is sort of humorous, actually, if any of you wanted to view it..

http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=72147

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I'm sure that the guy in the other forum was referring to the iBook, not the Powerbook. He probably isn't a Mac user and got is products mixed up. So what he meant was, "iBooks look like they're made for women." ;)

I'm also sure that he is an idiot.

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
My money is on this is a troll who was trying to get your ire up.

If not, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if it were me, I'd ignore it. It's just silly.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
FrankieTDouglas said:
I don't think I'd like carrying a WHITE laptop around."[/I]
i don't like the racist overtone ... why can't a laptop be white?

should they only be black?

since we USE laptops, we should be USING black laptops

it's like this person we should be USING blacks

very racist indeed

PS. -- I figure i would continue and make another ludicrous statement *shrugs* :cool:

altair

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2002
Seattle, WA
I caught teh gay from meh powerbook, now i listen to Franz Fredinand's 'Michael' all the time while trying to destroy the family and vote for john kerry.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
FistfulofAngst said:
I was always under the impression PCs were designed for farm animals...
Incidentally, I saw a pig using a PC to play a basic game once. He used a joystick.. dont suppose he could type, not having fingers an all.. would probably be **** at FPS games..

Man this thread made me laugh loudly :) good thing there isnt any students in this week

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Mac laptops are simply gorgeous. *gush*
They match my earrings...

I don't think I can handle the raw brute power of my G5.