Powerchord question..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Domofloge, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Hey guys/gals,

I was wondering if anyone could post a list of what is covered under Applecare? It would be good to know for reference. The Apple website didn't seem to be very detailed.

My powercord seemed to stop working. It was the weirdest thing, casue i was just showing someone the magsafe feature on my Macbook. Go figure. :eek:

Just wanted to see if this was covered. I got it in December so its not even that old at all...

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Pretty sure everything that comes in the box with the computer is covered.

Regardless, the power adapter is, assuming that you didn't do something abusive like rip it to shreds with a vacuum or drop it in the pool.

My magsafe cord pulled away from the plug after about six months of use, and the Genius I showed it to replaced it without so much as a comment, so you should have no trouble. Just hope it's the cord, rather than the socket, which would of course require getting the whole computer serviced.

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I'm 99% certain that the chord will be covered under applecare.

4. Domofloge thread starter macrumors regular

Domofloge

Thanks dudes. Ill be bringin this to the Apple Store later on today. I hate goin' in there cause I know I'll spend more than I want to! :rolleyes:

5. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

When I had problems with the power adapter on an iBook used to own I just called Applecare and they sent me a new adapter with a prepaid box to send back the old one.