Powereats2 or Jaybird X2?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fernandez21, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

So, this week Best Buy has the power beats 2 wireless headphone on sale for $129. Originally I was looking at the Jaybird X2 at $179, but the deal on the beats is kind of tempting, having a hard time deciding between the two. Which would you go for and why?

2. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

They have refurbished power beats 2 on woot for $89 I think

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I would go listen to them and buy the one that sounds best to me.

4. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

I've got the Jaybirds. Paid $179 minus a $20 gift card at Sam's Club. Best headphones I've ever had.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

have the bluebuds x as well and they are amazing. worth the money.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have not listened to the X2's, wish I had for comparison, but I do have the Powerbeat2's and I'm very happy with them. I have heard of good things and some complains for both pairs. I went with the Beats for:
    1. The ear hooks- I felt like it would be a more secure system and so far no issues with falling out.
    2. I wanted the receiver on the same side of my body as my Apple Watch- I have heard a few complaints of dropout when the receiver is on the other side but I have not had any, no matter how I have the watch. In fact connected to my phone I can get up, walk to the other room and come back without any dropout. The claim of 30 feet is true for me.
    3. I wanted the more open air format. I think the sound with the Jaybird X has the potential to be better but I wanted to hear traffic when running or when cycling or at least increase my chances a bit. I will admit though, when the music is turned up, the open concept does not do a lot but the volume is your business if you want the feature.
    If you have a chance to try both, you should. I didn't but I'm perfectly happy. Aside from the 3 items listed, I wanted wireless and the ability to exercise with music and without taking my 6S+. Its heavy when you're running.

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I own both the PB2's and the X2's. In terms of overall sound, I prefer the X2's more balanced sound as opposed to the bass-heavy sound of the PB's. In terms of sound isolation, I needed to replace the stock PB2's earbuds with Comply foam tips to really get a good seal and prevent sound leakage.

In terms of battery life, no comparison. The X2's go 2x longer than the PB2's.

I have pretty much relegated the PB2's to the desk drawer.

8. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

I went from the Bluebuds X to the X2 and they are truly awesome.

9. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

how good are the x2's on phone calls (noise cancellation etc) and do they access your contacts?

10. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The X2's are now on sale at best buy for $129. Glad I waited, because those are the ones I really wanted.

Anyone upgrade from the first generation bluebuds to the x2? Worth it?

11. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Thanks, just ran out and got a pair. Had a 25.00 gift card too. Now to try. Wasn't a requirement. But, hope they utilize contact list on my 6S Plus.

12. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

music sounds very good. bluetooth range limited compared to my Blueant Q2. siri voice commands work for calling. phone quality still uncertain until I try on the road.

13. AppleRobert macrumors 603

X2 on sale at Amazon as well. Just price match and go with other retailers that carry them (Target, Walmart, etc.) if you prefer.

Most have extended return policy for the holidays so you have time to decide if you like them and burn them in. I don't think you will be disappointed to tell the truth for music listening.

14. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Couldnt find them in red at any retailers but got a pair from Amazon. Really cant go wrong at 129.99!!

15. vistokid macrumors 6502

Was wondering if anyone can give me their opinion. I picked up a pair of Jaybird X2s last night and haven't opened them yet. The reason is I'm not sure if they'll fit on my ears. I have always used over the ear headphones as every other kind (especially the apple buds) fall out of my ears constantly.

Anyways, I was thinking of getting the Powerbeats as they're over the ear but the Jaybird's are way better reviewed. Some of the videos I've watched of the Jaybirds say they are very comfortable and tough to take off at the gym.

Can any of you with Jaybird X2s let me know what you think please?

Thanks!

16. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I've had them for a little more than a week now and the only thing I'm disappointed in is the volume level. Both the power beats and X2's are much lower than even the regular wired earphones that come with the iPhone. But the X2's have a more crisp and clear sound than the power beats. I give the power beats a 5 out of 10 while the X2's I would give a 7 out of 10 rating. Hope this helps.

17. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

You can wrap them around your ear, and with the foam tips they do a really good job of sealing in your ear. That being said, my wife got the beats and they're pretty comfy too and stay in place. I like the X2 better because they're easier to keep in my pocket and the battery life is killer.