Powerful converter PDF PROvider from Dar-Soft

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Dar-soft, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dar-soft, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

Dar-soft macrumors member

Dar-soft

[​IMG]

PDF PROvider for iPad

What Is PDF PROvider?
    PDF PROvider is the most enhanced PDF converter, viewer, merger and manager in one pack. Create reports, research papers, material selections from different sources, offline reading packs, etc. It allows converting Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files, HTML pages, Photos, Maps and Contacts and merging all types of documents and ready PDFs into a single PDF file. It also enables you to annotate created PDF documents, so you can add text notes, images.

You can collect several PDF documents into one or several documents of different formats into one PDF document. This allows you to be sure that your report or presentation will be viewed exactly in the way you want. It also eliminates all software related troubles – you don’t need to bother that somebody needs to install lots of tools to view your documents – just Adobe PDF Reader which is completely free.

How It Works
    PDF PROvider allows you to convert documents of lots of formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPhone and iPad.

Once installed PDF PROvider appears in the “Open In…” list for many popular file types. So you can convert attachments from Mail, documents opened with Safari and even official Dropbox and MobileMe iDisk applications. You can also copy documents to PDF PROvider via USB cable using iTunes File Sharing.

[​IMG]

Converting Web Pages
    To save Web pages into PDF you can use advanced internal Web-browser. You can open, preview and convert to PDF either HTML or any other web page. This allows you to view saved pages later in the same form as they were displayed in your browser, even if you are not able to connect to the Internet by some reason. Moreover, you can save any web page to PDF and then copy it to another device using iTunes, for example to your Mac for detailed analysis. Also you can send saved pages instead of just URLs to be sure that recipient will see them just the same way as you in your browser.

PDF PROvider also supports converting web pages from any web browser using special bookmarks or URL prefixes.

[​IMG]

Advanced PDF Processing
    PDF PROvider allows reorder or delete pages in PDF documents. You can merge several documents of any supported format into single PDF document or combine several previously converted PDF documents in desired order using a special Merge dialog.

PDF PROvider enables you to view and convert Maps right from the app. This will enables you to enrich your documents with map fragments, allowing to exactly define the location mentioned in the document.

In addition to geo-illustrating the app provides the full set of annotation tools such as - text notes, markers, drawing tools, images and stamps.

With PDF PROvider you can create and annotate PDF documents of any complexity making them clear and visual for any user.

[​IMG]

PDF PROvider Features

Save to PDF and share:
    * Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
    * Maps
    * Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
    * Photos
    * Pictures and Texts from Clipboard
    * Contacts
    * Web Pages

With PDF PROvider you can:

* Open files from official Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk and other cloud storage applications
    * Transfer documents from desktop computers
    * Copy & Paste notes from the Notes application
    * Open documents from Mail and Safari
    * Converted PDF files can be opened in iBooks for best reading experience. Also, you can send PDFs by e-mail, open in other apps and even transfer to computer over USB using iTunes File Sharing.

http://dar-soft.com

Attached Files:

2. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

promo-codes

Contact us pr@dar-soft.com for PDF PROvider promo-codes (iPhone and iPad version)

3. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

feedbacks

You can write here your feedbacks, questions and wishes.

4. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Promo-codes

We have 5 promo-codes for iPhone version, please contact pr@dar-soft.com

5. abookin macrumors newbie

Thanks, Dar-Soft!

Thanks a lot for a promo code of an awesome app! It's really useful, as I travel a lot and with the PDF PROvider I am able to have all my e-tickets and hotel bookings saved in my iPad. It's just GREAT not to depend on Internet. Everything you need is just one 'tap' away from you!

6. w00tini macrumors 6502a

Wonderful App! I've been using this for a few days now (thanks for the promo code!) and can report it is 100% as advertised. The ability to merge multiple document formats (including PDFs) into one master PDF file is extremely beneficial if you're generally creating files in such a manner on your desktop.

I have been able to create wonderful client presentations for quick and easy dissemination via email by using this App while on-the-road during the workday. This saves me time and the extra step of pulling out my MacBook Air during the day to execute such a procedure.

The only issue I found is that the dropbox support does not allow one to browse into file directories within your dropbox account. pdfprovider will only pull files one level into dropbox. with that said, I would say this is still an amazing application that any sales person or presenter should have in their arsenal.

7. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Thank you, w00tini, for review of our app!

We already add work with directories and subdirectories in the Dropbox section, but this function will be available after the release of iOS 5

8. w00tini macrumors 6502a

sounds great. I can't wait to see what new and useful features appear in future iterations of the App

-Craig

9. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF PROvider 1.7.0

PDF PROvider 1.7.0 with the support of iOS 5 is already available in the AppStore!

For iPhone
    For iPad

[​IMG]

10. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Completely new PDF PROvider!

We’ve got breaking news!
    In the next update PDF PROvider will radically change its look! Be also prepared to see some new and outstanding features about working with the content of your PDF documents that will make PDF PROvider an indispensable app for your iPad or iPhone.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

Are you using the latest version with iOS5? I don't think so. I just opened up a Word attachment to an email in mail, and then pressed "open in" to open it in PDF PROvider, and converted it without any problems. The process only took a second.

I do not think it will make a PDF of emails. Do they claim it does? I don't know. Of course, you could always press reply (so that the header information will appear in the body of the message), copy everything, and then in PDF PROvider make a PDF out of the clipboard information. This will get you a PDF of the email.

Renaming the files is a simple procedure. Go to Documents, press the arrow on the right side of the screen, and you get the option to "rename."

I can understand your frustration, because some apps do require a bit of fiddling around before they become useful, but I think the user interface on this one is pretty good...

12. epicmar macrumors regular

I found that it does everything that you are having problems with except for renaming the non-converted file. Once the file has been converted to PDF, tap the "PDFs" menu to get a list of converted files, then tap the curved arrow icon over the date/time stamp to get a popup menu that allows you to rename the file. B

After you tap an email attachment, press the "Open In" icon in the top right corner of the screen (tap anywhere on the opened attachment if the open in icon is not displayed), if "Open In PDF PROvider" is not displayed, tap "Open In" and you should see "PDF PROvider" in the list of apps.

The "Web" option under sources works well for converting web pages to PDF.

Hope this helps.

13. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

The previous two replies have fully answered your question, so we probably have nothing to add. Thanks to epicmar and palpatine!
    We agree that it takes some time and patience while getting used to some of the apps with multiple features, so maybe next time you won't have that rushed conclusion.

14. palpatine macrumors 68040

iHans, I think you need to reduce your caffeine intake and calm down here!!!??? Or, get control of your punctuation :)

1. I don't think any software company (besides Apple) can control features in Safari, so that is a non-starter. You need to talk to Apple about that.

2. What is time-consuming? You can copy a page in safari and in PDF PROvider see that in the clipboard icon. It is a two or three second process. Or, you can input the URL using the web icon. This is also a two or three second process, especially if you copy and paste. If you are concerned about security (I am unclear what you are talking about here), then use the first method. Either way, what could be easier?

15. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

For now Apple doesn't allow for converters to act as virtual printers and thus made the integration with Safari impossible.
    Inside PDF PROvider we're using Apple's browser designed specially for applications, so don't worry it is TOTALLY secure.

16. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Well, this is a forum and different people have their own different opinions and have a right to express and post them. You think the application is limited, others find it indispensable.

But do you really think it would be fair to give it for free considering that the developers worked on this app for hundreds of hours to write it and keep improving and adding more and more functions to it?

17. palpatine macrumors 68040

What functions do you think the software ought to have in order to justify its price?

As far as I can tell, the PDF converter does a very good job of converting the major document types and performs better doing this than any other alternative in the app store.

You could, of course, argue that it ought to have a lower price. At 6.99 it seems a little expensive to me. Personally, I think the iPhone version's price of 3.99 sounds more reasonable. But, free? That seems terribly unrealistic.

18. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

BLACK FRIDAY discount on all products from Dar-Soft!

We are starting Christmas sales, as many other companies, at BLACK FRIDAY - 25, November 2011. This is a rare possibility for our respected users to buy any of our products in the App Store at a special price of 0.99 USD!

This time our discount action will last from 12 AM (GMT) 25, November 2011 till 12 AM (GMT) 28, November 2011. So we are giving you a very long three-day BLACK FRIDAY to view and buy something from our great set of printing tools and PDF processing utilities or project management software!

You can find more information about applications from Dar-Soft on our Products page.

We highly appreciate your feedbacks on our product pages in the App Store, because they allow us to make our products better for you.

[​IMG]

19. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Multi language support!

By numerous requests, the new version of PDF PROvider 1.8.5 now supports German and Russian languages!

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

20. w00tini macrumors 6502a

21. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF PROvider for iPad with new Retina-Quality Interface

We are excited about the release of the new iPad and congratulate all iPad users with this new arrival! As you may already know, the new iPad is coming with the Retina display.

The new update of PDF PROvider 1.9.0 has the Retina-Quality User Interface, which adds even more bright experience and comes to the next quality level.

The update is already available to download on the App Store!

[​IMG]

22. palpatine macrumors 68040

Congratulations on releasing it in such a timely manner! A great product, and highly recommended.

23. mtcabs macrumors newbie

Are there limits?

I am interested in your product and have seen some comments that
    1)you cannot import multiple photos into one doc, and
    2)"sometimes" all multiple items do not process.

Have these issues been addressed in the new update(s) or are there certain limitations as to the size or specs of the files being converted?

24. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

1) You can create a PDF document of multiple photos. But the thing is that for now you can select photos only one by one and convert each of them separately and after all that merge together. But we are considering adding the option of multiple selection of pictures.
    2) What do you mean by 'multiple items'?

25. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Social Media Contest

Here is some great news for you! We’re giving away 10 packs of promo codes for PDF Printer, PDF Forms and Print Utility for iPad!

Why would you need it?
    - This set is incredibly useful to handle your everyday paperwork: convert different content to PDF format; sign, fill and annotate PDF documents; print them wirelessly from your iPad.
    - Saves you lots of time and efforts when working with business papers, PDF forms, articles, etc.
    - Each set is $18,97 worth
    - Suites great a new iPad with Retina display

How to enter the contest? Choose one or all options:
    Follow @Dar_Soft on Twitter and tweet this post,
    or Like our Facebook page and share on Facebook,
    or Tweet manually: “Follow @Dar_Soft and Retweet to win 1 of 10 productivity iPad apps sets dar-soft.com″.

We will name the winners on Tuesday, 3rd of April.