Powerful video player with wifi remote support?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Delta32, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Delta32 macrumors newbie

Hi there, I have a macbook pro 13 on the way, and I have a question.

On Windows I currently enjoy using PotPlayer for my video needs (fluid playback of all formats, srt - file support and so on) on a laptop that is connected with hdmi to a TV.
    This is then paired with Goldworm remote control, which enables me to control the video player from my Android phone (Galaxy Note 2). So the remote app needs to be available for Android too.

I was thinking running it in Parallels. Someone suggested me Mac Remote with Vlc or mplayerx instead. Without having tried it, Mac remote doesn't look nearly as good as Goldworm. I don't really know xbmc, but I might look into that.

Is there any method I'm missing, what do you prefer using? :)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Air Video Server works really well with all. devices...it's not free, but I think I paid a couple of bucks...it also works on all my IOS devices, enabling the to stream media from my Pegasus R4 which holds my media library and is connected to my iMac via Thunderbolt.

I've tried it with USB 3 drives and that works fine too.

3. Delta32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there, I didn't mean remote access so much as I meant remote control support. You know, like a TV remote, just from my phone, and with a lot of features (opening files, regulating audio/subtitle sync, mouse pad support, stuff like that. :) ) I suppose what you use is a lot like Plex, which also supports Android.

This is what goldworm looks like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it's for windows, so I was wondering if there were any native osx apps, or if I need to run it in a vm.