Powerjolt and USB Extension Cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by apolloa, Aug 16, 2009.

1. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Hi guy's,
    I have got my Sat Nav sorted with Co-Pilot and I have a Brodit holder that uses my existing PowerJolt for iPhone charger. It's one of the older PowerJolt's that looks the same as the cigarette charger here:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerduouniversal06

The problem I have is I've brought a new Ford Fiesta and the Brodit clip that goes onto the frame where the small front window is. I am yet to pick the car up but I think the standard charging cable supplied with the PowerJolt is going to be too short to reach as the 12 volt socket is next to the hand/ parking break in the centre.
    I have brought and tested a standard USB 2.0 extension lead but the iPhone display's it's an incompatible accessory and won't charge, it works fine on my MB Pro, just not the PowerJolt.

Does anyone know of a compatible extension lead I can buy?

2. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Anyone??

3. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Has no one really got any ideas? I really need to get this sorted as I get my new car next month :( I have sent an email to the makers of the powerjolts technical support but it's a waste of time, no response at all, that was last week now and they said they have a 2 day turnaround!!

Hasn't anyone used a powerjolt and had to extend it's lead?

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

5. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Thanks mate. I couldn't find boxwave in the UK but I did find a Belking 1.5 meter USB extension lead that looks exactly the same as what you posted but it's USB instead of a dock connector. I've brought and will test when it arrives, hopefully it's just a rebranded cable that works :rolleyes::)

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Cool!! Please post back how it works, i'm still trying to solve this charge in the car thing for my Touch. My $60 Monster iCar Play (that there is 3 of in the family) doesn't work either. Someone had posted a dock connector converter, but it is $25 and well, i'm not springing for that right now. Except i could then use my portable speakers.....

UGH.

Hopefully you are one your way to enjoying it all when the new car arrives!

7. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Hello mate, I got the USB ext cable today, it doesn't work with the Griffin Powerjolt cable but it DOES work with the USB sync cable I got with my 3rd gen iPhone Nano, and because this has the bigger old style dock connector it fits in the Brodit holder too. So I have my solution, got no idea what's wrong with the Griffin cable as when you use that on it's own it works fine??

So if you get stuck then try an official Apple cable as well as the extension as it may work like it has for me :)