Powerlogix Dual G4 1ghz major problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBobby, Aug 27, 2007.

1. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

Hey guys i was on craigslist today and found some guy that wanted to trade a powerlogix dual 1ghz g4 upgrade "sawtooth" model for a 30gb maxtor hdd. He told me that there was an issue with the processor that i needed to solder a different trace on the daughter card. So i looked everywhere and I can't find anything. If anyone knows how to solder and can show me a some tips I can show you where the lead goes I just need some tips. the card isn't fried but a resistor looks to be blown or something. a little kick in the right direction would help greatly thanks guys in advance.

I need to re-solder a lead back to this point but don't know what tools i need to do this with. I really would like this dual 1ghz card. You can ovibously tell which one it is. haha

[​IMG]

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If I am looking at the right thing that's a transistor, not a resistor, which is blown. Near the centre of the picture, where the camera's flash is glaring? with the volcanic crater effect on it? You ain't going to fix that by soldering a jumper across it. Dude, y've bin scr=w=d.

3. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

4. bartelby macrumors Core

If you have some skill with a soldering iron you should be able to replace it.
    But if that's blown it could have killed the processors as it's part of the power circuits.

It's a relatively cheap part so I'd say you've got nothing to lose by trying it.

Google International Rectifiers and search LR8103V.

5. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

i moved the power wire from the part that looks dark to the side with the two metal connectors are coming out and it worked fine. I think i should just replace it and resolder it in.

6. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

okay quick update, :D still not working but quick question. I overclocked my g4 400/100mhz bus to 133mhz bus, via tricking the nvram to set it that way, then i added a dip switch to the logicboard near the memory of the sawtooth and turned on switch 1,2, & 3 xlr8yourmac is talking about uping your multiplier mine right now is a x4 which = 400mhz. I would like to get it to atleast 550 or 600 i have a lot of old parts that i can play with so yeah any suggestions from previous overclockers "optimizers" :D or if there is a to take one of the processors off the dual card and add it to the one that i have is that possible?