Powermac - are you lost?

7thheaven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Chicago, IL
Ok, I'm like waiting everyday for new Powermacs to be announced. I was even shocked to learn how WAY overdue they are. I don't see alot of news on this. Anyone know or have heard any rumors on Powermacs? I'm looking to get a new G5 tower. My iMac is running a little slow, as the drive is filling. My other two Macs are running great. I just cant believe there has been no news on a new Powermac and/or more buzz or complaints. Am I alone on waiting for this? :confused:

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
7thheaven said:
Ok, I'm like waiting everyday for new Powermacs to be announced. I was even shocked to learn how WAY overdue they are. I don't see alot of news on this. Anyone know or have heard any rumors on Powermacs? I'm looking to get a new G5 tower. My iMac is running a little slow, as the drive is filling. My other two Macs are running great. I just cant believe there has been no news on a new Powermac and/or more buzz or complaints. Am I alone on waiting for this? :confused:
I'm with you on the PowerMac news, there has been lot's of complaints all over the place, but there is very little news or I should say rumors of new PowerMacs anywhere. It's starting to look like the day's of the G4 500 Mhz fiasco. There was a Rumor on Macosrumors about March 21st. or something, however they do not seem very reliable percentage wise.

Brian

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
That would totally rot. I too have been waiting patiently. I even will find out next week what level PM I can spring for - but I am not going to buy a machine that is basically almost 1yr old. If we have to wait until June that is a whole year for a bump/revision. They could have at least dropped the price to entice buyers...essentially it is the same $$$ for a machine with the same specs in March 2005 that it was in June 2004 :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.