PowerMac Bashing?? WTF?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by UltraNEO*, May 4, 2009.

1. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't get it...
    What's wrong with people today? Are they completely retarded?:confused::confused::confused:

[​IMG]

2. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

"Ignorance" is the "PC" name for that kind of mental retardation.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Some people will do anything for attention. Just goes to show how stupid and ignorant these people are.

4. flyingscott macrumors regular

flyingscott

I can see the tools brain storming on lunch... "lets take that old mac, bash it with a mallet, and post it on youtube!"

Really, really...? that's what you came up with? Well, I guess that's creative for a windows user... :p

5. -js- macrumors regular

-js-

Just a YouTube stunt, I would think.

More importantly, though, the amazing thing is that that's an old G4 powermac. No PC that old would even be usable.

In fact, I work at Cornell Univ. particle accelerator, and we have in the CONTROL ROOM, right now, running and being used, a G3 (not the beige one, the newer one--blue?). It's very slow and not very responsive, but it works. And in the time that that computer has been up and running in the control room, I've gone through not one, not two, not three, but FOUR PC's in my office.

6. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

8. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

I love it when people see my MacBook and bring up that "It doesn't even have a right click", I then proceed to show them the two finger click, clicking in the right bottom of the track-pad and the ctrl click, the look on their faces always makes me happy :p

9. PaperMacWriter macrumors 6502

PaperMacWriter

It would be more fun to see something bad happen to a PC. People don't do this much(maybe because we won't spend our money on junk computers?). For example, drop one out of an airplane above a drop zone at 35,000,000 feet, THAT I would watch:D More creative, and certainly more interesting. Watching a 40-pound hunk-of-junk become flat as a pancake...
    SG :apple:

EDIT: Just saw the pc videos posted later, kinda lame, would have better to see more exciting destruction. Of course, I'd get alot of anger out:D

10. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

You can't respond to this kind of crap. Watching it only encourages people like him.

His bad if he doesn't realise the good side to macs ;)

11. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVo4GhngJlA

12. Roy macrumors 6502

I have a G4 466 DA with the exact same case. I NEVER would have believed the tower would have taken that much abuse and still looked liked like a computer tower. I guess Apple built them an little stronger than I thought.

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I never quite get the thought process behind these videos.

Hammer + computer = funny?

I feel sorry for the people that have to put up with these losers in real life

14. awmazz macrumors 65816

Seeing this within a day of this psycho stabbing a MacBook Air to death makes me think there's a campaign afoot.

http://www.maclife.com/article

And I really do mean psycho. A hammer I can understand to hit an object in frustration or anger. But who stabs a machine overhand and multiple times with a large kitchen knife as the most natural way to express his anger like he's Norman Bates? Quantico should open a file on this guy.

15. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't those types of people think much..

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

These two are staged and not real.

And, IMHO, they are not entertaining either.

You know, there are many individuals out there who cannot afford a computer and would love to have these hand me downs.

That seems like a much better use of old technology than simply bashing it for a poorly created video on YouTube.

Probably true.

When I was a developer, I had a Smack-a-Mac!. I must admit that at times it took a bit of abuse. :eek: But better than the computer.

17. fireman13 macrumors 6502

judging from the video, it looks like it's the only time he's worked up a sweat in a long time. There are better and far more entertaining ways to work out. :)

18. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I would love if he got electrocuted or piece of shrapnel in his eye whilst acting like such a douche.

About like these idiots. Guess they don't know what happens when you bust a CRT :rolleyes:

19. m1stake macrumors 68000

Typical MacRumors. It's a joke, get over yourselves.

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I think we realize it's a joke. But it's a bad one. The computer demolished, could still be used by someone who may not be able to afford one.

BTW, I would not want to see a PC of that era go through the same either.

I had a LaserWriter 360 that I purchased in 1993. Awesome printer. Worked well. A few years ago, I changed my network at home and wanted a networked printer. The LaserWriter 360 did not fit my needs. It was showing signs of wear but still worked great. So in 2007 I sold it for $10 to someone who was elated to receive it. They are still using it.

As for me, I am very happy that it still serves a purpose for someone. I would not think about bashing it for fun nor do I enjoy watching individuals destroy a computer for no reason at all. Well, I guess they had a reason and it was an attempt at humor. They missed.

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It'd be funnier if he hit the power supply and got shocked to death. :rolleyes:

22. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You do realize that no airplane can fly over six thousand miles above the surface of the earth, right? ;)

23. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Anyone know how high you have to be to reach terminal velocity? I'm thinking its like 600-700ft before you can't go any faster.

24. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Yeah, this is how many 35 year-old virgins are - or so I hear. In the information age you don't get hair on your palms; you flail pathetically and ineffectually as you film yourself sucking at all the other aspects of your failed life.

25. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

That's actually not true you know? Maybe for "conventional" craft it is tho. ;)