PowerMac G3 Value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AaronM5670, Mar 17, 2013.

1. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2012
    I have a 1997 PowerMac G3 Beige Desktop 'Outrigger' that I am probably looking to sell as it (and everything that goes with it) is taking up a lot of room.

It has a 233MHz G3 Processor and 64Mb RAM (this was a BTO factory upgrade)

I also have an Apple Laserwriter 4/60ps and a Global Village 56.6kbps modem which were bundled with it.

It is running Mac OS 8.0 which has been installed since new - no upgrades whatsoever.

The machine has an early version of Internet Explorer, ClarisWorks and Photoshop 3.0 pre-installed.

It is in very good condition as it was hardly used, sadly.

How much would you say it is worth?
  2. Giuly macrumors 68040

3. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
    Best case escenarios....

with hardware that old is a collector or parts needed user (for collecting purposes o some odd use). In these escenarios, good care of the equipment and no cosmetic issue is a must. Me, if put in the position of buying the lot as a collectible or parts, no will pay more than $150-200. Can get more value as collectible if complete (keyboard, mouse and so on)or better yet, original packaging still around (hard, I know...!)

Other than that, putting the computer on sale for use, I not see you getting more than $ 50, as Giuly as said.