powermac g5 2.5 dual doesn't boot

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by focus1media, Dec 9, 2007.

1. focus1media macrumors newbie

hey i have a powermac g5 2.5 dual with the coolant system it will still chime on an fans run then you see 2 red lights on in the middle of board by processors. I open it up an coolant has a small leak by the hose clamp but i ran the tech tool disk while it was acting up before it just quite showing anything it said the logic board an the processors was fine, but fans still goes while red lights are still on. Can anyone help my warranty is out.

2. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

The best thing to do would be to contact Apple. When did your warranty run out? I heard they were replacing parts in these machines (I have one, too!) because the coolant system has leaked and the company that made the original parts is now defunct. I don't know if Apple would pay for it, but you can always point out that the part itself is defective and that Apple have fixed other peoples' G5s because of this issue. Do a search on the net for reports of successful repairs.

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Those damned G5's with liquid cooling. Better call up Apple.

Apple should have a recall on these G5's.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Apple should have either really tested those water cooled systems or shouldn't have put it in.

5. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I had a dual 2.5 G5 and the best thing to do is either call or take it into an apple store.

If you have apple care they will more than likely replace it with a Mac Pro Quad 2.66. For me, they did that and even gave me more RAM and extra Hard Drive space. Not to mention it's Intel.

~Crawn