PowerMac G5 Bluetooth Issue?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Liquidus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Liquidus, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

Liquidus macrumors newbie

Liquidus

Attached Files:

2. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

That card is only bluetooth 1.1.

Only G5's to have 2.0+EDR are the Dual Core and Quad Core G5's. Best bet, take it back and get a cheap USB dongle.

3. Liquidus thread starter macrumors newbie

Liquidus

Are you sure that only the Dual Core PowerMacs have 2.0+EDR? I was under the impression that my card was 2.0+EDR given the tech specs and Apple's techinical spec list on their site. Thanks though. I got the card so I could add a Magic Mouse to my Mac without using a USB port and so I won't have any sleep/wake issues.d

4. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

Well, from all the sources i could find, some don't tell me squat, some tell me no and yes.

The page from Apple says yes, WeLoveMacs doesn't say much, LowEndMac doesn't say much either. Apple-History says optional, while EveryMac and Wikipedia both say Bluetooth 1.1.

5. Liquidus thread starter macrumors newbie

Liquidus

Thanks for the help guys. I wanted the internal one to prevent all the sleep/wake issues I read about thus I dismissed the USB option as an, eghr option lol.

Since it does seem that my PowerMac is running Bluetooth 1.1 am I still going to be able to use my Magic Mouse (Christmas present, don't have it yet) effectively?

6. reddrag0n macrumors 6502

reddrag0n

I was able to use my MM on my old PB G4, but it had issues. Due to flaws of manufacturing of the MM itself. RMA'ed it once and it was fine after that. scrolling, moving around, left and right button presses. So yeah, bluetooth 1.1 will work just fine. And apply the MM update for Leopard.

EDIT* I have a chinese USB dongle, and if i run my old 9600XT card in my G5 i have no issues with sleep/wake. My flashed 6200 on the other hand.....

7. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

I have a dual core powermac G5 so I could say that yes the BT for PMG5 DC is BT 2.0+EDR.