Jul 30, 2010

Attachments

Last edited:

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
That card is only bluetooth 1.1.

Only G5's to have 2.0+EDR are the Dual Core and Quad Core G5's. Best bet, take it back and get a cheap USB dongle.

Liquidus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Are you sure that only the Dual Core PowerMacs have 2.0+EDR? I was under the impression that my card was 2.0+EDR given the tech specs and Apple's techinical spec list on their site. Thanks though. I got the card so I could add a Magic Mouse to my Mac without using a USB port and so I won't have any sleep/wake issues.d

Liquidus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Thanks for the help guys. I wanted the internal one to prevent all the sleep/wake issues I read about thus I dismissed the USB option as an, eghr option lol.

Since it does seem that my PowerMac is running Bluetooth 1.1 am I still going to be able to use my Magic Mouse (Christmas present, don't have it yet) effectively?

reddrag0n

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Canada
I was able to use my MM on my old PB G4, but it had issues. Due to flaws of manufacturing of the MM itself. RMA'ed it once and it was fine after that. scrolling, moving around, left and right button presses. So yeah, bluetooth 1.1 will work just fine. And apply the MM update for Leopard.

EDIT* I have a chinese USB dongle, and if i run my old 9600XT card in my G5 i have no issues with sleep/wake. My flashed 6200 on the other hand.....

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
Are you sure that only the Dual Core PowerMacs have 2.0+EDR? I was under the impression that my card was 2.0+EDR given the tech specs and Apple's techinical spec list on their site. Thanks though. I got the card so I could add a Magic Mouse to my Mac without using a USB port and so I won't have any sleep/wake issues.d
I have a dual core powermac G5 so I could say that yes the BT for PMG5 DC is BT 2.0+EDR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.