Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
My friend has a PowerMac G5 that does not even boot up, or as a matter of fact, does not even power on as well.

Do you think there's a problem with power supply?

If that's the case, should I convince my friend to take the PowerMac G5 to the Apple Store, to see if it can be fixed?

leavingwave

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
So Cal
unless its a quad core g5.. the apple store will not service it.. they will refer you to an authorized service center.

the power supply is the 1st thing you replace if it doesn't power on. a background on what happened last to the machine would help.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Have you checked the water cooling brick, on these G5s, it used to leak, regularly. This could easily trash a logic board. (Look for signs of green coolant, anywhere in the case).

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Have you checked the water cooling brick, on these G5s, it used to leak, regularly. This could easily trash a logic board. (Look for signs of green coolant, anywhere in the case).
I've found that it tends to be easily found on the bottom of the interior of the case.

I have the same concern for the OP as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.