PowerMac G5 Pricing?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by EnderCow, Jun 21, 2017.

1. EnderCow macrumors newbie

EnderCow

I have been looking around for some PowerMac G5's but am wondering what is the average/acceptable price for one. Pricesfor single 1.8, dual 2.0, and quad would be nice.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Here's what I do -
    Look up suggested prices on everymac - http://www.everymac.com/
    Then, look at ebay and wait until a few are sold to see the actual sales prices.

3. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Depends on supply and demand. I have gotten G5's for as little as $10 CAD. My Quad that I have now I received for $70 CAD.

4. KawaiiAurora macrumors 6502

KawaiiAurora

Wouldn't suggest paying more than $50 and make sure that they properly work, no RAM slots are dead and the GPU is included. Stay away from early liquid cooled systems, the Quad's LCS is okay

5. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Quads can still bring north of $100. From what I've seen, lower end machines can be a struggle to move.

Not too long ago, I was communicating with a CL seller who had listed a bunch of stuff for sale but sold it all before I contacted him. He had a single 1.6 G5 left, and told me I could have it if I'd come get it. I passed on it since I couldn't bring myself to drive to the north side of Cincinnati for a free 1.6.

6. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Depends on location too. Here I frequently see iBook/MacBook power supplies for anything up to the equivalent x3 $10 CAD, and they appear to sell too. Quad G5's don't seem to appear frequently in the market place here, and when they do, one would invariably be talking hundreds of euros.