Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackjesusninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
http://www.apple.com/powermac/solutions.html

This has been up for I don't know how long, and I think it's pretty impressive no one ever caught it, but near the bottom of the page you will find...

Nemetschek VectorWorks
“The results of our internal Power Mac G5 compatibility and speed tests were very impressive. VectorWorks runs dramatically faster on these new machines. Compared to Apple’s dual 1.25Mhz Power Mac G4 machine, the Power Mac G5 redraws more than twice as fast, renders three times as fast and performs solids modeling operations over five times faster.

yamabushi

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2003
Yup. It's very fast. Especially with certain applications that are able to take advantage of the new cpu and architecture.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Re: Powermac G5 twice as fast as a 1.25MHZ g4!

Originally posted by blackjesusninja
http://www.apple.com/powermac/solutions.html

This has been up for I don't know how long, and I think it's pretty impressive no one ever caught it, but near the bottom of the page you will find...

Nemetschek VectorWorks
“The results of our internal Power Mac G5 compatibility and speed tests were very impressive. VectorWorks runs dramatically faster on these new machines. Compared to Apple’s dual 1.25Mhz Power Mac G4 machine, the Power Mac G5 redraws more than twice as fast, renders three times as fast and performs solids modeling operations over five times faster.

Well, being faster than a 1.25Mhz computer isn't hard. You just need a 2.5Mhz computer :D. I think I've got an old palm m505 around here some where that runs at a blazing 33Mhz!!!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Re: Re: Powermac G5 twice as fast as a 1.25MHZ g4!

Originally posted by topicolo
Well, being faster than a 1.25Mhz computer isn't hard. You just need a 2.5Mhz computer :D. I think I've got an old palm m505 around here some where that runs at a blazing 33Mhz!!!

I can only imagine how great the speed increase will be from my Dual 450. My wife has a Palm m505, that she love's.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I use lightwave on a dual 1.25 G4 and I'm planning on getting a G5 - one of the new speed bumped ones, so it would be even faster. But 5x on rendering is huge! :D

Good stuff - now come on Apple, deliver the goods! :D

D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Re: Powermac G5 twice as fast as a 1.25MHZ g4!

Originally posted by topicolo

I'll vs. You and your Palm against my StrongArm Processor!

running Windows CE (crappy edition)!

:(

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
I use lightwave on a dual 1.25 G4 and I'm planning on getting a G5 - one of the new speed bumped ones, so it would be even faster. But 5x on rendering is huge! :D

Good stuff - now come on Apple, deliver the goods! :D

D

Patience is golden Mr. Anderson. You will be well rewarded by Steve. We need you to be strong for the rest of us. Steve after all is having a good time watching up squirm. Try to focus on your favorite team for the Super Bowl. It is best just one day at a time, for tomorrow will take care of itself.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Re: Re: Re: Powermac G5 twice as fast as a 1.25MHZ g4!

Originally posted by MrMacman
I'll vs. You and your Palm against my StrongArm Processor!

running Windows CE (crappy edition)!

:(

You're on! Just let me pull out my XScale PocketPC which crashes more than windows 95. I'll win--as soon as I finish waiting for it to reboot because it crashed again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.