Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The G5 Guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
will it work on my version are they all compatable I haven't done much research into videocards for the G5

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Basically any G5 AGP video card will work in that machine. You just need to avoid PCIe and G4 ADC video cards.

The G5 Guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
Thanks Ill check it out But im Really more of a NVidia guy

:apple:

----------

also my problem was that I got 2 g5s for free bought new harddrive and ram all they need I fixed 1 turned it on it had the blinking folder like normal but after a week I still had chimes but I booted to a black screen I thought the video card failed what do you guys think :confused:

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Thanks Ill check it out But im Really more of a NVidia guy

----------

also my problem was that I got 2 g5s for free bought new harddrive and ram all they need I fixed 1 turned it on it had the blinking folder like normal but after a week I still had chimes but I booted to a black screen I thought the video card failed what do you guys think :confused:

Try putting the video card from the good G5 into the one that you suspect to have a dead video card. Good way to test.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.